…it seems so to me. I left India in 2002 and I have been diligently going back every year. But this year, since neither I nor my siblings nor other relatives were getting married, I got a chance to pay attention to how things have changed in the last five years. Is this only me…or this does sound ridiculous to you all too?
– 50 bucks (rupees) for coffee?
– is everyone getting more than 20 lakh per year for salary?
– do people only talk about salaries and jobs now? what about cricket?
– 2 hours in traffic for less than 20 km?
– land prices….what’s the deal with that? In a place like Powai (outskirts of Mumbai), the apartments start from over 2,00,00,000..
– housewifes have moved on from kittys to online trading. (that’s pretty awesome, really..)
– does everyone do an MBA these days?
There seems to be so much more going on in India than in California (or so it seems). A close friend recently remarked that she likes the slowness of her Manhattan lifestyle as compared to the hubbub in India.
India was as colorful as ever. Only I felt much poorer and outdated this time..